Discover parts of the extensive collection in three to four temporary exhibitions per year. The exhibition space is actually open Mon – Sun between 10.00 am – 4.45 pm.
During this time, a representative selection of works can be viewed in our study room from Monday to Friday, 14.00 – 16.45 pm. (booking required).
The Graphische Sammlung ETH Zürich offers the opportunity to study its holdings in greater depth in its Study Room.
The Study Room is accessible by prior appointment from Monday to Friday.
Special opening hours
The Graphische Sammlung ETH Zürich is closed on the following days:
- Easter: Friday, 15.4.2022 ‒ Monday, 18.4.2022
- Sechseläuten: Monday, 25.4.2022 (closed from 12 a.m.)
- May Day: Sunday, 1.5.2022
- Private Event: 21.5.2022
- Ascension Day: Thursday, 26.5.2022
- Whitsun: Saturday, 4.6.2022 ‒ Monday, 6.6.2022
- National Holiday: Monday, 1.8.2022
- Knabenschiessen: Monday, 12.9.2022 (closed from 12 a.m.)
- Private Event: Tuesday, 27.09.2022 (closed from 11.30 a.m.)
- Private Event: Friday, 11.11.2022 (closed)
- ETH Day: Saturday, 19.11.2022
- Sunday after Polyball: Sunday, 27.11.2022
- Christmas/New Year: Saturday, 24.12.2022 ‒ Monday, 2.1.2023
How to find us
The Graphische Sammlung is located in the South-West Wing of the main building of the ETH Zürich. It is most easily reached via the side entrance on Karl-Schmid-Strasse.
Download City Map
By public transport
From the stop “Bahnhofstrasse/HB”:
- Tram no. 6 (towards the Zoo) as far as the stop “ETH/Universitätsspital”; journey time: approx. 6 minutes
- Tram no. 10 (towards the Airport or Oerlikon Station) as far as the stop “ETH/Universitätsspital”; journey time: approx. 6 minutes
- Tram no. 3 (towards Klusplatz) as far as the stop “Central“ (1 stop); from “Central” by Polybahn (departure every three minutes) as far as Polyterrasse; journey time: approx. 8 minutes
From the stop “Bellevue”:
Tram no. 9 (towards Hirzenbach) as far as the stop “ETH / Universitätsspital”
You need a valid ticket for the ZVV zone 110 (Zurich city centre).
Download Location Map
Rämistrasse 101, HG E 52
Tel. +41 44 632 40 46
Access for people with impaired mobility
Please use the main entrance of the ETH Zürich at Rämistrasse 101 and contact the information desk in the main hall.
There are public parking spaces in Karl Schmid-Strasse.
During the evenings and at weekends there are public parking spaces in garage in the main building of the ETH Zürich.